Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Siri for iPhone 4S: Your new PA



It was a big disappointment not to see the iPhone 5 launch today and the Wall Street also made this clear. However, the announcement of Siri for iPhone along with a few other features reduces this slightly. This is the name of the app Apple bought for $200 million a couple of years ago.

Siri launches with a long press of the home button, just like Voice Control, but after that the options are huge. Some questions for the demo today makes this interface much awaited in the new iPhone 4S. “Wake me up at 6 a.m." “What time is it in Paris?” “Set my alarm for…” “Find me a great Greek restaurant in Palo Alto.” “Do I have any meetings this Friday at noon?”

One Q & A gives away the deal on what Siri is exactly:
“Siri, who are you?” Siri responds: “I am your humble personal assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment